Mississauga, ON (10 January, 2017) —The province’s Special Investigations Unit has started an investigation into an incident in which a 52-year-old man was injured when a Toronto Police Service cruiser and his bicycle collided.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
- Sometime in the evening of January 9th, 2017, Toronto Police were called to the area of
- McCowan Road and Lawrence Avenue East.
- Around 7:30 p.m., police officers responded to the area.
- The officers located a man on a bicycle on McCowan Road.
- Shortly after that, there was a collision between a police cruiser and the bicycle.
- The 52-year-old man was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
Two investigators, one forensic investigator, and a collision reconstructionist have been assigned to investigate this incident.
The SIU is asking anyone who may have information about this incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU Web site.