On Thursday, March 30, 2017, members of Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes Child Exploitation made the public aware of an arrest in an ongoing child sexual abuse investigation.
Since issuing the original news release, a person has come forward.
It is alleged that:
- in November 2015, a then-17-year-old boy met a man on the internet
- the man coerced the boy to meet at the man’s home and engaged in sexual activity
- in March 2016, after the boy turned 18, he travelled out of town with the man
- the man called the boy into his hotel room then sexually assaulted him
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Najeeb Saad, was re-arrested. He was additionally charged with:
1) Luring a Person (under 18)
2) Obtaining Sexual Services
3) Sexual Assault
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 10 a.m., courtroom 407.
Police are concerned there may be other victims
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.