(TUDOR TOWNSHIP, ON) – May 18, 2017, a suspicious male attended a residence located on Weslemkoon Lake Road presenting himself at the door as a worker for the “City of Gilmour” and was there to inspect the water metre. Central Hastings OPP
Central Hastings OPP has confirmed that no one is working for the Township doing any inspections. The suspicious male did not gain access to the residence and left the residence in an unknown direction.
Description of male and vehicle involved:
White Male, 5’9 late thirty’s, Goatee, Short Brown Hair. Wearing- Blue Jeans and a Safety Vest. He was driving an older model white Econoline-type van, no side windows, and windows at the back and no markings.
Anyone with information or who may have observed suspicious activity in the area is encouraged to call
Central Hastings O.P.P at 613-473-4234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
When you open your door to a salesperson, or someone representing a company or building inspector remember:
- Ask for photo ID and get the name of the person and the business.
- Never share personal information (e.g., a utility bill).
- If you ask a salesperson to leave, they must leave right away. If you feel unsafe, call local police. (OPP: 1-888-310-1122)
- Look at the company name on the salesperson’s business card and promotional material and see if it matches the company name on the proposed contract.
- Do not rely on a salesperson’s opinion that your water heater or filtration system is unsafe or should be replaced.
- Local utility companies, municipalities, government agencies or regulatory organizations don’t send salespeople door-to-door.