Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of a man arrested for a violent home invasion Robbery in the Bloor Street East and Sherbourne Street area.
It is alleged that:
- – on Sunday, May 14, 2017, a man forced his way into an apartment, armed with a handgun
- – the man demanded money
- – he then subdued the 48-year-old woman and pistol-whipped her over the head several times
- – the man proceeded to take one of her puppies and made good his escape
- – the victim sustained minor cuts to her head
- – an investigation conducted by members of Hold Up resulted in the identification of the male suspect
A search warrant was obtained and, on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, with the assistance of the TPS Drug Squad and Emergency Task Force, the man was arrested and a search warrant was executed.
It is further alleged that:
- – during the arrest, a loaded Browning 9mm handgun and .38 Special snub nose revolver belonging to the accused were seized
- – a large quantity of heroin and cocaine were seized.
Samuel Elvira, 23, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Robbery while Armed with a Firearm
2) two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
3) Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
4) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
5) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm in Motor Vehicle
6) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
7) Careless Storage of Firearm
8) Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
9) six counts of Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
10) Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, June 1, 2017, 10 a.m., room 101.