The province’s Special Investigations Unit is examining the circumstances surrounding a police-involved shooting that occurred overnight at a plaza in Mississauga.
Preliminary information suggests the following occurred:
• Around 1:50 a.m., Peel Regional Police received a call about a robbery at a gas station in a plaza at Creditview Road and Britannia Road in Mississauga.
• The initial call indicated three young males involved in the robbery.
• Before police officers arrived, two of the young males fled in a grey vehicle.
• The third young male attempted to rob another establishment. He also attempted – but was unable – to enter three vehicles with persons inside those vehicles.
• When police officers arrived, they located the young male outside the bank in the plaza.
• There was an interaction and one police officer discharged a firearm.
• The young male – who is 15-years-old – was rushed to hospital. He is currently in serious but stable condition.
Six investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to investigate this incident.