(HEARST, ON) – On July 9, 2017, at approximately 7:00 p.m., Hearst officers of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on Highway 11 in Devitt Township near the village of Val Cote.
Police investigation revealed that the male driver was in possession of stolen property, had breached a recognizance of bail and was trafficking controlled substances.
Police seized Methamphetamine and Cannabis Marijuana with a total estimated street value of $5000 as well as drug paraphernalia.
Jonathan MONPETIT, 34, of Medicine Hat, Alberta has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Under 3kg – Cannabis Marijuana contrary to section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Resin – Over 1 gram contrary to section 4(1) CDSA
- Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) CC
- Operate a Motor Vehicle Without Insurance contrary to section 2(1)(a) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act of Ontario (CAIA)
The accused remains in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cochrane, Ontario on July 14, 2017 to answer to the charges.