On Monday July 17, 2017, London Police Service Guns and Drugs Section and RCMP, with the assistance of the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, executed Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants at a residence on Gatewood Crescent, a business on Charterhouse Crescent, and a residence on Wyton Drive in Thorndale Ontario.
The following items were seized:
- One kilogram of crystal methamphetamine, value $100,000
- 86 grams of suspected cocaine, value $8600
- 7 grams of suspected crack cocaine, value $700
- Approximately 1792 grams of marijuana bud, value $17,920
- Approximately 8 ounces of marijuana shake, value $100
- 74 grams of MDMA, value $7400
- 30 grams of canabis resin, value $3000
- 2 mature marijuana plants, value $2000
- 45 marihuana seedlings, value $45,000
- 1 kilogram of phenacetin, value $7200
- 4 cellular phones
- 1 digital scale
- 44 shatter oil vape cigarettes, value $4400
- Approximately $115,000 in Canadian Currency
As a result of the warrants and subsequent investigation, Robert Cao (29) of London, and a 26-year-old London man, are charged jointly with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Charges:
- 2 counts of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, contrary to section 5(2);
In addition to the aforementioned charges, Tan Tran (37) and Huong Vo (30) both of Thorndale are charged jointly with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Charges:
- 5 counts of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, contrary to section 5(2); and
- Unlawfully produce schedule II substance, contrary to section 7(1)
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com.