(NORFOLK COUNTY, ON) – The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Norfolk County Detachment investigated an incident at a Norfolk Street South, Simcoe, Norfolk County, Ontario address.
On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at approximately 3:11 a.m., police were contacted by a concerned citizen reporting a male with a firearm.
Through the course of the investigation, it was determined that vehicle was attempting to leave the parking lot of the Simcoe Fairgrounds when a male emerged and blocked the exit. The male then became involved in a verbal altercation with the occupants of the vehicle at which time the driver approached him.
The male then brandished a firearm at which time the driver re-entered the vehicle and left the area and subsequently contacted police.
On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at approximately 7:48 p.m., police arrested and charged 23-year-old Ryan James MITCHELL of Norfolk County, Ontario with the following offences.
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Mischief – destroys or damages property
- Robbery with intent
- Robbery using a firearm
- Imitation firearm while attempting to commit offence
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
- Fail to comply with probation order
He is to appear in Provincial Court, Simcoe at a later date to answer to the charges.