(IROQUOIS FALLS, ON) On April 2, 2017, at 7:20 am, members of the Iroquois Falls Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to a residential fire on Church Street. The OPP Northeast Region Crime Unit and the Office of the Fire Marshall (OFM) were called to assist in the investigation.
As a result of the investigation, Michael SCOFIELD has been charged with:
- Arson – Fraudulent Purpose, contrary to section 435(1) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Two counts of Arson – Damage to Own Property, contrary to section 434.1 of the Criminal Code
- Common Naissance – Endanger Life, contrary to section 180(1)(a) of the CC
- Mischief, contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code
- Public Mischief, contrary to section 140(1)(b) of the Criminal Code.
He was released on a Promise to Appear with Undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins on October 10, 2017.