On Wednesday, July 19, 2017, London Police Service Guns and Drugs Section and the RCMP Integrated Proceeds of Crime (IPOC) Unit, executed Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrants at locations on English Street, Cabell Street, Burnside Drive, Trafalgar Street, and East Street in the City of London.
The following items were seized:
• 737.5 grams of suspected cocaine, value $73,750
• 2 x 5mg oxycodone, value $10
• 166 grams of methamphetamine, value $16,600
• 5 gallon tub of suspected phenacetin, value $5000
• .22 caliber rifle
• Weigh scale
• Approximately $4000 in Canadian Currency
As a result of the warrants and subsequent investigation, James Robson (47) of London, is charged with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Charges:
• 3 counts of possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, contrary to section 5(2).
In addition, a 49-year-old London male is charged by way of warrant application with the following Criminal Code of Canada charges:
• Use/handle/store firearm carelessly, contrary to section 86(1);
• Possess firearm knowing no authority, contrary to section 92(1); and
• Possess firearm while prohibited, contrary to section 117.01(1).
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com.