Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an ongoing financial robbery investigation involving eight banks, seven in Toronto, one in Pickering.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday July 28, 2017, at 12:01 p.m., a man entered a bank at Queen Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue
- he approached the teller and presented a note demanding cash and saying he had a gun
- he obtained a quantity of money before fleeing
It is further alleged that:
- the same man robbed seven other banks is the same manner
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 2:04 p.m. near Brock Road and Kingston Road in Pickering
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 12:10 p.m. near Main Street and Danforth Avenue
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:40 p.m. near Royal York Road and Bloor Street West
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 3:48 p.m. near Queen Street East and Church Street
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. near Dundas Street West and Ossington Avenue
- Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:22 a.m. near Bloor Street West and Lansdowne Avenue
- Friday, July 21, 2017 at 10:25 a.m. near Weston Road and Rogers Road
On Friday, June 28, 2017, Andrew Burke, 53, of no fixed address, was charged with:
1) eight counts of Robbery
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, July 29, 2017, room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.