On Tuesday, July 18, 2017, at 10:55 a.m., officers responded to a call for a collision at Eglinton Avenue East, west of Midland Avenue.
It is alleged that:
- a TTC bus stopped on Eglinton Avenue East, west of Midland Avenue, to let off passengers
- a 71-year-old woman exited the bus
- as the operator pulled away, the woman fell and was struck by the bus
- she was pronounced at the scene
On Tuesday, August 22, 2017, investigators from Traffic Services charged the TTC bus operator, a 58-year-old man, of Markham, with:
1) Careless Driving
2) Start From Stopped Position – Not In Safety
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, September 28, 2017, 1:30 p.m., room C.