On Sunday, May 7, 2017, at 6:20 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision on King Street East at Queen Street East.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 22, was driving a 2015 Mercedes S63, eastbound on King Street East, approaching Queen Street East
- a woman, 40, was driving a 2010 Nissan Cube, westbound on Queen Street East, approaching King Street East
- a man, 47, was driving a 2012 Toyota Camry, westbound on Queen Street East, approaching King Street East
- the Mercedes struck the Nissan, then the Toyota
- the driver of the Mercedes has been identified as Zicong Liu, of Toronto
He has been charged with:
1) Impaired operation of a motor vehicle
2) Impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
3) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
4) Criminal negligence causing bodily harm
5) Over 80 mgs operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
He appeared in court at College Park on Thursday, August 3, 2017, courtroom 501.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.