On August 2, 2017 shortly before 9:00 a.m. Brantford Police Service conducted a traffic stop with a vehicle on Brant Avenue. A male was observed hunched over in the back seat. The officer recognized one male as being Jonathon LUDWIG, who was currently wanted for Robbery related offences. LUDWIG was immediately arrested.
The accused Jonathon Charles LUDWIG, 30 years old of Brantford is charged with the following offences;
• Breach of Probation x2,
• Forcible Confinement,
• Uttering Threats to a Person,
• Kidnapping While Using a Firearm,
• Robbery Using a Firearm,
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
• Careless Use of a Firearm,
• Using a Firearm While Committing an Offence,
• Pointing a Firearm, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm,
• Possession of a Firearm, contrary to a Prohibition Order X3.
The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing.
See previous post.
Detectives from the Major Crime Unit continue their investigation. Anyone with
information regarding this incident and/or the third involved person(see below original
media release) is encouraged to call Detective Jason Sinning 519-765-0113 ext. 2265
Tipsters who wish to remain anonymous are asked to contact Brant-Brantford Crime Stoppers at 519-750-8477 or 1-800-222-8477. Alternatively, a web tip may be submitted at: https://www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=251