The Toronto Police Service is seeking help from the public with an ongoing Fraud investigation.
In January 2017, the Toronto Strategic Partnership started an investigation named Project War Hero.
It is alleged that:
- between September 2016 and February 2017, Randolph Aquino, 46 of Markham, laundered proceeds derived from a scheme to defraud victims via romance fraud
- female victims were contacted on dating websites that included match.com, ourtime.com, and chemistry.com
- victims were misled into believing that they were involved in a relationship with a wealthy person who was a victim of unforeseen circumstance in a foreign country
- three victims were tricked into wiring over $1 million (U.S) to a business account using the name “TRESA GROUP LTD., which was controlled by Randolph Aquino
- the funds were provided to assist with a supposed emergency
Investigators believe that Randolph Aquino may have fled to the Philippines. Investigators are requesting assistance from people with knowledge of the current whereabouts and activities of Randolph Aquino.
He is currently wanted for:
1) Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5000
2) Laundering Proceeds of Crime
He is described as 46, clean-shaven, 5’7”,180 lbs., short hair. He dresses well and describes himself as a professional in the financial services industry.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.