In July 2017, members of the Sex Crimes Human Trafficking Enforcement Team started an investigation into a Human Trafficking incident.
It is alleged that:
- a man forced an 18-year-old woman to work in the sex trade
- she turned over all her money to him
- she was forced to work in Ontario and Quebec
- she was forced to abide by rules he imposed
- she had a quota that she was expected to meet each day
- if she did not make her quota, she was punished
Kevin Barreau, 20, of Montreal, is wanted for:
1) Trafficking In Persons over 18
2) Material Benefit from Trafficking In Persons over 18
4) Exercise Control
5) Advertising Another Person’s Sexual Services
6) Uttering Threats
7) Fraud Under $5000
8) Fraudulently Obtain Lodging
9) Fraud Under $5000
10) Use Credit Card Obtained by Offence
11) Use Credit Card Obtained by Offence
12) Fraudulently Obtain Lodging
13) Fraud Under $5000
14) Use Credit Card Obtained by Offence
Police are urging him to turn himself in to the nearest police station. He is believed to be somewhere in the Montreal area.
Police would like to encourage all affected individuals to come forward and report Human Trafficking occurrences to police. We want to make sure that everyone has access to support services and an exit strategy, regardless of their decision to proceed criminally.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.