On Saturday, July 8, 2017, at 8:05 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at the Bayview Avenue Extension, at Beltline Trail.
It is reported that:
- a woman, 35, was riding a 2010 Honda CBR600 motorcycle, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail
- a man, 46, was riding a 2014 BMW motorcycle, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail
- a man, 39, was driving a 2016 Honda Accord, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail, and attempted to make a U-turn
- as the Honda made the U-turn, the vehicles collided
The 35-year-old woman received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital where she was pronounced. The 46-year-old man received non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
The driver of the Honda has been identified as Kugatheesh Rasaratnam, 39, of Aurora, he has been charged with:
1) Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
He is scheduled to appear at College Park Courts, on Thursday, October 5, 2017, 2 p.m., room 505.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.