The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance with a stabbing investigation in the Liberty Village area.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, April 30, 2017, at approximately 1:30 a.m., a large group of young adults was attending a party in the Liberty Street and Fraser Avenue area of Liberty Village
- this large group of partygoers was picked up at the Al Palladini Community Centre in Woodbridge, and was taken to the Liberty Village location by chartered buses
- four others, including the two suspects, were sent via Uber, as there was no more room on the buses.
- during the party, a fight broke out between several males, which spilled out onto Fraser Avenue
- during the fight, one man was stabbed, another was struck on the head with a brick
Police are looking to identify the two men involved. They may be from the Woodbridge or Vaughan area.
A photograph of one of the men has been released. He may also wear glasses.
The second man is described as dark-skinned, 19-21, slim build. He was wearing all-dark clothing and a dark baseball-style hat.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.