On Tuesday, August 22, 2017, at 10:54 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision, on private property, at 150 Borough Drive.
It is reported that:
- a 44-year-old man was driving a Honda Accord, north from Borough Drive, through a parking area
- for reasons not yet known, this driver lost control of his vehicle and drove out of the parking area and over a sidewalk
- a man on the sidewalk was struck by the driver
- the vehicle continued across private property and struck the building at 150 Borough Drive
- the pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
- the driver was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
This is a heavily travelled area. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.