Investigators from 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a male for attempted murder and numerous charges related to human trafficking, and firearms related offences in the City of Brampton.
On Thursday August 3, 2017, a 19 year-old female victim was approached at gun point by Chevan DENNIS for the purpose of working in the sex trade.
On Saturday, August 5, 2017 at approximately 3:30 a.m. the victim’s cousin, a 20 year-old male from Brampton, was shot in the area of Fletchers Creek Blvd and Williams Parkway. The male victim attended a local hospital and was treated for his injuries.
Investigation identified Chevan DENNIS, a resident of London, Ontario, as being responsible for the above offences.
A warrant was issued on Friday September 15, 2017 for the arrest of Chevan DENNIS. On Monday September 25, 2017, he was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Point Firearm
2. Discharge Firearm With Intent
3. Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
4. Aggravated Assault
5. Carrying concealed weapon
6. Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
7. Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
8. Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
9. Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
10. Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Obtained by Crime
11. Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
12. Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
13. Utter Threat to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
14. Breach of Probation Order X4
15. Possession of Firearm, etc. Contrary to Order X6
16. Attempted Murder using Firearm
17. Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
18. Trafficking in Persons
20. Advertising Sexual Services
21. Kidnapping with the Intent to Cause a Person to be Confined or Imprisoned
22. Forcible Confinement
24. Sexual Assault With Firearm
25. Utter Threat to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
26. Theft Under $5000 X2
27. Administering Noxious Thing with intent to Endanger Life or Cause Bodily Harm
28. Overcoming Resistance by Administering or Attempting to Administer a Drug
DENNIS was charged with additional firearms related offences, stemming from the human trafficking related incident. DENNIS was held for a bail hearing and transported to A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in the City of Brampton.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word ‘PEEL’ and then your tip.