The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance identifying a man wanted in numerous robbery investigations.
It is reported that:
- on Thursday, August 10, 2017, at 12:25 p.m., a man walked into a bank near Rexdale Boulevard and Kipling Avenue area
- he approached a teller
- he withdrew a lengthy note from his pocket and displayed it to the teller, making a demand for money
- he received a quantity of cash and fled
- while running towards a waiting taxi he ran out of his all-black sneakers, which were recovered by the police
The “shoeless” bank robbery suspect has been described as in his early 20’s, between 5’2” to 5’4”.
During the subsequent seven, west-end bank robberies, the man wears dark sunglasses and has a hooded sweater pulled over his head.
It is further reported that:
- on Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 3 p.m., another robbery took place in the Toryork Drive and Weston Road area
- on Tuesday, August 22, 2017, at 12:50 p.m., another robbery took place in the Avenue Road and Lawrence Avenue West area
- on Thursday, August 31, 2017, at 3:10 p.m., another robbery took place in the Weston Road and Eglinton Avenue Westarea
- on Friday, September 1, 2017, at 12:45 p.m., another robbery took place in the Dufferin Street and Steeprock Drivearea
- on Sunday, September 10, 2017, at 3:05 p.m., another robbery took place in the St. Clair Avenue West and Oakwood Avenue area
- on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at 10:55 a.m., another robbery took place in the St. Clair Avenue West and Lansdowne Avenue area
- on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at 11:50 a.m., another robbery took place in the Eglinton Avenue West and Marlee Avenue area
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.