The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance identifying three people wanted in an Assault Causing Bodily Harm investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Monday, September 18, 2017, at approximately 3 p.m., a woman was walking along Jane Street near St. Clair Avenue West
- at this point an unknown boy, (late teens) appeared to be attempting to flee from an unknown man who was armed with a baseball bat, and an unknown woman following closely behind
- as the “fleeing boy” approached the un-involved woman, he grabbed on to her, and used her as a shield against the man with the bat, aggressiviely swinging her back and forth to avoid being struck
- the boy then violently shoved the woman, causing her to fall on to the pavement, before he ran on to a TTC bus
- the man and the woman gave up on the chase as the boy entered the bus, and fled the area
- the boy also fled shortly after
The victim was taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries she sustained from being an unwillingly participant in the altercation
The man with the baseball bat is described as being in his 20s, wearing a baseball hat, and a dark Puma T-shirt.
The woman is described as being in her 20s, approximately 5’9″, 150-160 lbs. She was wearing dark pants, a dark short-sleeve shirt with white trim around the neck and sleeve.
Security camera images of both are attached.
The boy who grabbed the woman is believed to be a minor, therefore his image has not been released.
Police believe that the event was witnessed by multiple people on the street, and are appealing for ask anyone with information or video footage of the incident to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.