On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, at 10:35 a.m., a police officer was engaged in speed enforcement on Adelaide Street East at Power Street.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 24, was driving a Hyundai Sonata, eastbound on Adelaide Street East, and was observed travelling above the posted speed limit
- the officer attempted to stop the vehicle, however the vehicle and driver fled the scene
- the vehicle and driver were subsequently located and stopped on the northbound Don Valley Parkway at the Bayview Avenue – Bloor Street ramp
The driver has been identified as Amir Kamali, 24, of Toronto. He has been charged with:
1) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
2) four counts of Fail to comply with recognizance
3) three counts of Possession of card with data strip
4) Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
5) Possession of a schedule II substance
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.