Toronto Police Service, 53 Division, would like to make the public aware of multiple parties that have taken place, resulting in swarming-style robberies, stabbings, and assaults.
These parties have occurred over the last three weeks and police have evidence to believe that there are several unreported incidents.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, September 16, 2017, police received reports of three separate incidents in relation to a party that occurred in the area of Rosedale Park, in the Mount Pleasant Road and Roxborough Drive area.
- all incidents reported involved victims from 14-16 being robbed and assaulted
- the suspects are approximately 8 to 10 boys and girls in their late teens, wearing hoodies and covering their faces with bandanas
- these events are being advertised through social media sites such as Snapchat and various webpages, resulting in hundreds of people showing up to these events, many of them strangers to each other
- the event is promoted as “Rosedale Jam”
- the boys and girls appear to be attending these locations for the sole purpose of carrying out robberies and other forms of criminal activity
- these appear to be an ongoing event, on a weekly basis, in various public places
Police would like to advise the public of the heightened concerns for these events and the associated risks. Police are also concerned by the numerous medical calls relating to unconscious people, intoxicated youth and those under the influence of drugs.
Anyone with further information, or who would like to report a separate incident that occurred during these events, is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.