(ELGIN COUNTY, ON) – The Elgin County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has concluded the investigation that claimed the lives of a mother and daughter on August 29, 2017 on the 401 Highway near Dutton, Ontario.
53-year-old Hubert DOMONCHUK of Cambridge, Ontario is charged with:
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death X2
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death X2
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
- Possession of a schedule II substance – cannabis resin
“There is no way to diminish the long lasting tragic impact on family, friends and loved-ones left behind in cases involving impaired driving, distracted driving, aggressive driving or lack of seat belt compliance. These highly preventable driver behaviors remain the leading casual factors of injury and death on our West Region highways.” – OPP Traffic & Marine Inspector Lisa Anderson.
The accused was arrested without incident and released with a court date on the 14th of November 2017, in St. Thomas Criminal Court.
The family is requesting complete privacy during this extremely difficult and trying time. Elgin County OPP is asking everyone to respect the family’s request.