The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance identifying a man wanted in numerous bank robbery investigations.
It is reported that:
- on Tuesday, August 22, 2017, at 1:10 p.m., a man entered a bank near St. Clair Avenue West and Runnymede Road
- he was wearing large-framed glasses and “safety glasses”
- he waited in line, then walked to the ATMs while appearing to use his cell phone
- he eventually approached a teller and handed him a note demanding money
- the teller advised he didn’t have the funds and the man left the branch without obtaining anything
- the man was in the branch for a total of six minutes
The security video can be viewed on below:
It is further reported that:
- on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at 8:55 a.m., another robbery occurred in the Bloor Street West and Bathurst Streetarea
- on Thursday, August 3, 2017, at 10:10 a.m., another robbery occurred near Bloor Street West and Dovercourt Road
- on Monday, August 21, 2017, at 5:50 p.m., another robbery occurred near Bloor Street West and Royal York Road
- on Tuesday August 22, 2017, at 4:15 p.m., another robbery occurred near Bloor Street West, west of Kipling Avenue
- on Friday September 22, 2017, at 1:50 p.m., another robbery occurred near Bloor Street West and Mill Road
The man was described as 20–25, 5’10″–6′, facial hair. During the robberies he wore glasses and his hair is covered with either a baseball hat or a hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.