The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a Theft investigation, where an online classified advertising service, Kijiji, was used as a platform.
It is alleged that:
- persons were lured to the Birchmount Road and St Clair Avenue East area, on the premise of selling a dirt bike to a prospective buyer
- once in the area, the “buyer” would request to take the bike for a test ride, on occasion offering a small amount of cash as collateral
- the “buyer” would then flee the area with the bike, without returning
Officers at 41 Division started an investigation into a series of reported dirt-bike thefts
On Saturday, September 2, 2017, a boy, 17, of Toronto was arrested.
He has been charged with:
1) Theft over $5000
2) Theft under $5000
3) Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
4) Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East at a later date.
He cannot be named under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Police believe that there is still at least one outstanding suspect. He is described as white, 5’10”, 17-21, carrying a black money purse.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.