(BRACEBRIDGE, ON) – Members of the Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting a RIDE check at Highway 11 North and Highway 118 in Bracebridge on Monday, October 30, 2017, at 12:30 a.m. and pulled over a vehicle that required further investigation.
As a result of that investigation, officers seized a large quantity of illegal drugs and over $12 000.00 in cash. Police have charged 23-year-old Austin MCKAY of Muskoka Lakes Township, ON with the following offences:
- Possession of Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of Schedule II Substance Over 30 g CDSA 4(2)
- Possession of Schedule II Substance over 1 gram CDSA 4(2)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon CC 91(2)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 CC 354(1)(a)
- Fail To Comply with Probation Order CC 733.1(1)
The accused was held for a Bail Hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on the 30th day of October 2017.