(RENFREW, ON) – The Renfrew Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) arrested 4 adults and recovered a large quantity of stolen property on Tuesday, October 17. Charges were laid and police expect to solve numerous break and enter investigations after executing a search warrant in Renfrew.
- Andrew K. MACDONALD aged 25 of Renfrew
- Brandon D. THOMSON aged 29 of Renfrew
- Jacob N. THOMSON aged 22 of Renfrew
- Alisha THOMSON aged 20 of Renfrew
Are all facing charges of:
- Break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence (2 counts)
- Break and enter and commit an indictable offence
- Wearing a disguise while committing an offence (2 counts)
- Possession of break in instruments (3 counts)
- Mischief under $5,000 (3 counts)
Andrew Macdonald and Alisha Thomson are also facing 2 counts of Possession of a Schedule 1 drug. Brandon Thomson and Alisha Thomson are facing an additional charge of wearing a disguise while committing an offence.
Alisha Thomson was released on a promise to appear in court December 18. The other accused were remanded in custody for a bail hearing on October 20.
The OPP are continuing to process recovered property. If you were the victim of a theft and did not report a description of your property to the OPP please speak to the investigating officer and provide as much information as possible.
The Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) is leading this investigation. The CSCU is comprised of members from all three Renfrew County OPP Detachments with a mandate that focuses on property and drug related crime occurrences and investigations. The OPP encourage the public to continue to report suspicious activities or vehicles to them immediately at 1-888-310-1122.