(CITY OF KAWARTHA LAKES, ON) – On October 4, 2017 officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes Street Crime Unit of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), with assistance from the OPP’s Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau and Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a Simcoe Street property in the north portion of the City of Kawartha Lakes.
Located and seized at the property were over 2000 marihuana plants, over 80 lbs of processed marijuana bud, three motor vehicles, two all-terrain vehicles, two shotguns and a rifle. Items seized are valued at approximately $2.5 million.
The following persons were arrested and charged with Produce a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana contrary to section 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) CDSA:
- Jia Wei CAO, 26 years of age of Markham
- Weibiao LIANG, 32 years of age of Beaverton
- Ruijian LIU, 30 years of age of Markham
- Jin Biao LUO, 30 years of age of Aurora
- Junsong LUO, 20 years of age of Scarborough
- Shu Yan LUO, 46 years of age of Markham
- Xin Ling LUO, 29 years of age of Stouffville
- Yan Jun LUO, 31 years of age of Scarborough
- Yan Ming LUO, 37 years of age of Markham
- Hai Quan ZHANG, 38 years of age of Markham
- Boqiang ZHOU, 29 years of age of Toronto
The accused persons are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on November 2, 2017.