(MUSKOKA LAKES, ON) – On Thursday, October 26th, 2017 at approximately 4:00 p.m., the Bracebridge Community Street Crime Unit, along with Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers, conducted a traffic stop on Muskoka Road 169 near Lake Joseph Road in Muskoka Lakes Township.
As a result of the subsequent investigation, the driver and passenger were arrested for being in possession of illegal drugs, specifically cocaine and cannabis marihuana. Police later executed a search warrant at their residence and located further evidence of drug trafficking. The total street value of the drugs seized is $3,600.
Police have charged 28-year-old Chance KAY and 34-year-old Krista CHAMBERS each with the following offences:
- Possession of Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5(2)
- Possession of Schedule II Substance Over 30 g CDSA 4(2) X 2
- Possession of Schedule I Substance CDSA 4(2)
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon CC 92(2)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 CC 354(1)(a)
Both accused parties were held for a Bail Hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on the 27th day of October 2017.