(LONDON, ON) – On October 5th, 2017, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Biker Enforcement Unit (BEU), Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) with the assistance of the London Police Service and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have charged 2 individuals with 18 drug and weapons-related offences.
The charges stem from an investigation which focused on individuals trafficking cocaine in and around the City of London. The investigation concluded with the execution of three search warrants and the arrest of 2 Outlaws Motorcycle Club London Chapter members. Seized during the investigation were cocaine, cannabis, pills and weapons.
The street value of the drugs seized is approximately $ 19,500. $1,200 Canadian currency was seized as offence-related property. Weapon seizures included a handgun and set of brass knuckles.
1) 32-yr-old Marco DOS REIS from London Ontario
- 1x Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- 1 x Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- 1 x Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
- 2 x Possession Prohibited/Restricted Weapon or Prohibited Device Knowing no Authority
- 1 x Occupy Motor Vehicle With Prohibited Ammunition
- 1 x Use/Handle/Store Firearm Carelessly
- 2 x Use/Handle/Store Ammunition Carelessly
- 4 x Possession of a Firearm etc., While Prohibited
- 1 x Unlawfully Possess Schedule 1 Substance
- 1 x Possession of Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- 2 x Unlawfully Possess Schedule 2 Substance
2) 32-year-old Jeffrey ACAL from Mount Brydges Ontario.
- 1 x Possession Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Investigators credit the success of this investigation to the support and cooperation of the London City Police Emergency Response Unit, London City Police Support Services as well as the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit.