The Toronto Police would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an investigation into an Unlicensed Medical Clinic, in the Bayview Avenue and Sheppard Avenue East area.
It is alleged that:
- in April 2017, a woman advertised her services, offering a cosmetic surgical procedure, under the name of “Dr. Kitty”
- another woman responded to the advertisement and attended the basement of a home where “Dr Kitty” performed the procedure on her
- within a few weeks, the woman developed an infection and had to seek medical help from a licensed plastic surgeon in Toronto
- the victim required corrective surgery
- the incident was later reported to police
On Friday, October 13, 2017, police attended the address, and Jingyi “Kitty” Wang, 19, of Toronto, was arrested.
She has been charged with:
1) Aggravated Assault.
She is scheduled to appear in court on Saturday, October 14, 2017, at 9 a.m., at Old City Hall.
Investigators believe there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.