(SOUTH BRUCE PENINSULA, ON) – On October 18, 2017, at 10:58 a.m., Bruce Peninsula Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire being operated on Berford Street in South Bruce Peninsula by a suspended driver.
42-year-old Barbara SCHEUERMAN of Wiarton was arrested for Driving while Suspended.
During the investigation members of the Bruce Peninsula OPP and members of the OPP Community Street Crime Unit – Grey/Bruce located 63 grams of Cannabis Marihuana, prescription medication and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle.
SCHEUERMAN has been charged with the following offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), The Highway Traffic Act (HTA) and the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act (CAIA):
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Schedule I – Methylphenidate, CDSA
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Schedule II – Cannabis Marihuana, CDSA
- Possession of Schedule I – Methylphenidate, CDSA
- Possession of Schedule II – Cannabis Marihuana, CDSA
- Possession of Schedule I – Methamphetamine, CDSA
- Drive While Under Suspension X 2, HTA
- Permit Plates Not Authorized for Vehicle, HTA
- Drive Motor Vehicle – No currently Validated Permit, HTA
- Operate Motor Vehicle with No Insurance, CAIA
She was released on a Promise to Appear and Undertaking before an Officer in Charge to attend Court in Owen Sound on the November 23, 2017.