(NIPIGON, ON) – On Sunday, November 26, 2017, at approximately 12:31 a.m., officers from the Nipigon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of an altercation at a residence in the town of Nipigon.
Further investigation revealed that two people had been assaulted. One person suffered a serious injury and was transported to the hospital in Thunder Bay by land ambulance.
Adam GERLACH, 29 years of age, of Surrey BC, was arrested and charged with the following offences contrary to the Criminal Code:
- Aggravated Assault, contrary to section 268
- Assault With a Weapon, contrary to section 267(a)
- Break and Enter, contrary to section 348(1)(b)
- Overcome Resistance by Attempting to Choke, contrary to section 246(a)
- Two counts of Forcible Confinement contrary to section 279(2)
- Pointing a Firearm, contrary to section 87
- Use imitation firearm while committing an offence, contrary to section 85(2)(a)
- Discharge Air Gun or Pistol with Intent, contrary to section 244.1(a)
- Possession of a Weapon for a dangerous purpose, contrary to section 88.
Gerlach remains in custody pending a bail hearing.