Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes is requesting assistance identifying a woman in a mortgage Fraud investigation.
It is reported that:
- during September 2015, she contacted a mortgage broker’s office and applied for a second mortgage on a property in the amount of $300,000
- the mortgage broker was able to find financing through a mortgage lender and a second mortgage was registered on the home
- the woman received approximately $300,000 through her real estate lawyer
- shortly after the mortgage was registered, the real homeowner received the mortgage documents in the mail and immediately contacted their lawyer
The real homeowner called police and reported the mortgage fraud
It is further reported that:
- the woman in this investigation used fake identification to impersonate the real homeowner
The woman’s photograph has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7310, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.