LONDON, ON (December 6, 2017) – On Saturday, December 2, 2017, at approximately 4:30 am, police responded to a residence on Nixon Avenue for reports of a shooting. Upon arrival, it was determined that a male had been shot at the residence and taken to hospital by a citizen. The victim underwent surgery for gunshot wounds and remains in hospital in serious condition.
As a result of the investigation, Stephen Gayle-Harrison, 31, of London, has been charged with the following Criminal Code of Canada offences:
- Attempted murder;
- Use firearm during the commission of an indictable offence;
- Careless use of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition;
- Pointing a firearm;
- Possession of a weapon;
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon;
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon or prohibited device knowing no authority unauthorized;
- Possess loaded/unloaded regulated firearm;
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order; and
- Discharge firearm with intent to wound/endanger life or prevent arrest.
Yesterday Gayle-Harrison was arrested by members of the London Police Service and was in possession of a firearm upon his arrest. Forensic testing will be conducted on the firearm seized to determine if it was the one used in the attempted murder.
Gayle-Harrison is scheduled to appear in court today in relation to these charges.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com