LONDON, ON (December 1, 2017) – On November 30, 2017, members of the Guns and Drugs Section, comprised of members of the London Police Service and RCMP, executed search warrants at residences on Settlement Trail and Augusta Crescent. A vehicle was also searched as a result of the warrants.
The following items were seized:
- 439 grams of cocaine, value $43,900
- 4751 grams of marijuana, value $47,000
- 369 grams of lidocaine mixed with phenacetin, value $1,845
- Over $50,000 in Canadian currency
As a result of the investigation, Omer Saad Hassan, 20, Richard Grant Braund, 39, and Kasandra Marie Braund, 19, all of London, are charged jointly with the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act offences:
- Possess a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking; and
- Possess a Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking.
Omer Saad Hassan is also charged with an additional count of the following Controlled Drugs and Substances Act offence:
- Possess a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking.
All three individuals are scheduled to appear in court today in relation to the charges.
This investigation has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com.